Taking cue from Android Design in Action Challenge happened last year, I just feel like making another similar Design Challenge for everyone, hence this Android UI/UX (Re)Design Challenge. The aim is to create more awareness towards the importance of Android Design, and a (hopefully) rewarding experience for those who try their hand at Android Design.
Really simple rules
- Anyone can participate!
- Design a brand new app or redesign an existing app (any app) before 16th June 2013 (I like to see high quality works thus the longer design period)
- The (re)design should use Android Design Guideline as a reference. The use of new UI elements like Navigation Drawer and Fading Action Bar are encouraged only if they fit into the app design.
- At least five screens are required (in order to tell an app flow/structure). It will be awesome if explanation/justification is provided for each screen. One good example on how you can document your (re)design is the m-Indicator redesign by Swapnil360.
- Optional: Feel free to post your design to any G+ Android Design Community (including Android Designers) to get feedback and further improve your app (re)design before your final entry. It’s always encouraging to see such design iterations which involved communities.
- Post your design entry in G+ publicly, and remember to use these hashtags:
#androiduiux #androiddesign #ADiA
- Feel free to use any design tools that you are comfortable with, as long as the final result are high-fidelity mock up screens.
- If you are looking for some design resources to start, check out the Free Design Resources page.
- Five best entries will be announced via my G+ account and androiduiux.com within a week after the deadline (before 23rd of June).
- All entries will be judged by professional android designers in order to pick the winners.
- I will make some posts in my blog for all best entries (and probably some interesting entries) after the design challenge.
- Five 10$ Play Store Gift Cards for five best entries only (from my own pocket!)
- I reserved the right in prize management based on the quality of the entries.
That’s all! If you are interested, start (re)designing and submit your design entry before 16th June 2013! Waiting for your awesome entry!